Good Samaritans Rush To Help Family Overcome By Carbon Monoxide


THEY WERE OVERCOME BY TOXIC LEVELS OF CARBON MONOXIDE. MORE FROM MOUNT OLIVE. Reporter: NO SMELL, NO ODOR, JUST PEOPLE. MELANIE AND HER BOYFRIEND WERE WALKING 7:30 MONDAY NIGHT. AND HEARD CALLS FOR HELP COMING FROM A MAN WHO HAD JUST COME HOME TO A TERRIFYING SITUATION. HER TWO YOUNG CHILDREN WERE LAYING UNCONSCIOUS ON THE LAWN. MY WIFE IS IN THERE. I NEED HELP CARRYING HER. I PICKED HER UP BROUGHT HER UP AND LAID HER NEXT TO HIS KIDS. AND IN THE BASEMENT, TWO YOUNG MEN WERE UNRESPONSIVE AFTER PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO CARBON MONOXIDE. THE ONE GENTLEMAN WAS NUDE IN THE BATHROOM. HE MAY HAVE FALLEN OUT OF THE SHOWER. AND THE OTHER WAS ASLEEP IN A ROOM. WITH THE HELP OF ARRIVING POLICE OFFICERS, THEY DRAGGED THE SONS FROM THE HOME. THEY WERE AIRLIFTED TO JACOBY HOSPITAL. THE HUSBAND AND WIFE WERE TAKEN ALONG WITH THE YOUNGEST KIDS TO LOCAL HOSPITALS. THE CHILDREN WERE ALSO AIRLIFTED TO JACOBY. THREE HOURS BEFORE, SOMETHING SEEMED OFF. SOMEBODY IS NORMALLY HERE AND NOBODY ANSWERED THE DOOR. Reporter: HE CAME BY FOR THE POOL MAINTENANCE JOB AND NOTICED THE DOGS OUTSIDE ACTING ERRATIC. HE CALLED THE HUSBAND AND SAID HE’D CALL HIS FAMILY. THEY WERE IN THERE PASSED OUT AND NOBODY KNEW. Reporter: THE MAYOR SAYS THE LEVELS OF CARBON MONOXIDE FOUND BY FIRST RESPONDERS WERE TWICE THE LETHAL LEVELS. THEY HAD NEVER SEEN LEVELS AS HIGH AS THEY HAD MEASURED IN THE HOUSE.

Comments 1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *