Why your home needs a carbon monoxide detector


Called “the silent killer,” CO2 is a tasteless,
colourless, and odourless gas that inhibits the blood’s capacity to carry oxygen. This, in turn, can be fatal and that’s why you need to make sure your home has a a CO2 detector. You may be thinking, “Hey, you handsome and legendary Realtor, my home has electric heat. Isn’t a CO2 detector just for homes with furnaces?” Well, that’s true. Carbon monoxide poisoning is
often associated with malfunctioning forced air furnaces but a less well-known fact is
that CO2 is the product of incomplete combustion. This means things like wood burning stoves,
fireplaces, and gas stoves all can create CO2. Even vehicles that are kept in an attached
garage can be a source of CO2 poisoning. If you experience symptoms of CO2 poisoning,
get out into fresh air and call 911. Install a CO2 detector in every sleeping space
and on every level of your home and regularly have your chimney and that heating
system inspected by a professional.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *